Epoxy Coat A Vanity | Duration 25 Minutes 32 Seconds I see is a wood stain… thanks all, i’m new to all this! I always considered using in the first place) using latex, etc., as well as the prepping just makes sense! Currently painting the five drawers of a chest with chalk paint and making a mess of it. You get a beautifully rich looking piece of furniture. I am strangely addicted to collecting paint ( if there’s ever a scenario where the world is wiped clean of paint come find me, lol. Those last two are best to achieve the professional outcomes of oil without the mess and horrible smells! I also wonder at the number of these pieces that are sold alongside pristine antique pieces. I don’t think the author should have even bothered with all the “my opinion” disclaimers. The best reason for reading this article really is to seek knowledge! I always understood it, when you distress a piece of furniture, you’re supposed to approach it from the point of view of where the piece would have been touched by years of love and use. There is no implication of age and use and care of a piece, it just looks arbitrary. The brush strokes were not only very visible, but added a texture to the surface. Water based polyurethane clear coats greatly improves duribility. If you’re staining, make sure to get stainable filler or you may be able to purchase a putty that’s already stained to match. I wax it, and maybe apply a coat of poly n the top, if a dresser. I go into other store/shops and can’t believe people are buying poor quality painted pieces and calling it shabby chic. If you want the shabby chic look, you can then sand the corners and edges. To me chalk paint sounds like cheap paint at an overly inflated price. Kristi’s article is interesting and informative to someone who “had no idea” as are the comments. Destressing and chipping furniture takes a lot more time of work! I love the matte look of the chalk paint but have doubted the endurance of the finished product. In my mind, these two are not on an equal level but that is another story. Like most styles that were once unique, it has been overused. It just seems ignorant to me to claim it as an opinion but throw slander on to the person who enjoys the look of chalk paint. On the corners, on the areas around drawer pulls, on the high spots of carvings and moldings. I see called distressed these days is more like traumatized, and it hurts my eyes to see it. The whole point of distressing a piece is to make it look aged, and so many miss the mark these days.
Medusa Properties by medusaproperties.comIf you are looking for shiny new pennies, you’ll have to live in a 400 unit property and park in a parking garage. This may seem like the same thing to a layman but if you have ever sunk your teeth into a 100 yr old building, you understand the difference. So many landlords buy these great old buildings and “remodel” the history and charm right out of them. In any creative endeavor you are only as good as your crew (a blessing and a curse). They cut holes in my (new) roof about 3x larger than they needed to be–then never even bothered to flash or foam up those holes (big enough to put your arm through). Meaning that 51% of the block and contol the the property (and property values) of the other 49%. I was not notified of the application nor allowed to vote on it. So, currently the structure is basically just a brick shell, with interior framing and a roof (that leaks)… I bought the property the building had been owned by the same family since it was built in the late 1940s. Fortunately for me she had no interest in restoring the building. Since then there has been quite a bit of new construction and some other renovations on the block / adjacent blocks. This allowed me to tweak the scope & look of each unit, improving the functionality and aesthetics of each as we moved through the building. For me the trade-offs have always been worth it: aged wood floors, wavy window glass, rich soil under your feet.
Paint A Cabinet + Bathroom Kitchen Cabinets How To + Painting Tips Easy!!! Vanity | Duration 9 Minutes 51 Seconds Others are better suited for shiny new econobox apartment living with carpet, vinyl, and plastic. The entire street used to have many similar properties on it; all but this one have been torn down over the years. I just did what needed to be done–and used materials and processes that would last a lifetime. The two upper units are all hardwood floors with nice private decks off the kitchen (in the back). Two closets in the back bedroom with double hanging in both.